ECFE is a program for all Minnesota families with children between the ages of birth and kindergarten enrollment. It offers high quality learning activities for you and your children, helps children grow and develop, enriches family life and provides information and support for your important role as a parent. ECFE is part of ISD 728 (The Elk River Area School District) that serves nearly 13,000 Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade students and more than 50,000 residents.
ISD 728 Early Childhood Family Education offers a variety of programs and offers services in the communities of Elk River, Rogers and Zimmerman. Programs include the following:
- Early Childhood Programs – Grouped classes for infants, toddlers, and multi-age groups.
- Discovery Learning Preschool – Offering unmatched programming in the state of MN with unprecedented results for customized classroom experiences.
- Discovery Learning Extra Preschool – An intensive preschool program built upon the successful Discovery Learning Preschool model.
- Early Childhood Screening – Providing critical health and developmental screening.
- B.I.G. Program – An intervention and prevention program for at risk preschoolers.
- ECFE on Wheels – A program that comes to you and is designed “just for you.”
- Parenting Apart – A program to help minimize the negative impact of parenting apart.
- Single Parent Program – A support group for families where parents are parenting alone.
- Young Parent Program-A support program that provides pregnant or parenting teens with information about pregnancy, birth, parenting and community resources.
ISD 728 Early Childhood Family Education Site Locations
- The Handke Center – 1170 Main Street, Elk River, MN
- Rogers Elementary School – 12521 Main Street Rogers, MN
- Zimmerman Elementary School – 25959 West 4th Street Zimmerman, MN
ISD 728 Early Childhood Family Education Staff
Of utmost importance to parents, is the relationship their child has with their teacher. Not only do you receive highly trained staff members, you also receive warm, caring adults committed to your child’s success. Staff is trained in child development, CPR, First Aid, cultural diversity and continuous professional development throughout the school year. In addition, they are experienced, dedicated and truly love their work.
ISD 728 Early Childhood Family Education Programs and Activities
Classes, events and activities are offered year-round. Be sure to check out all of our classes and activities online at: isd728.org
Learn more about ISD 728